Sunday 14 July 2019

Another Pleasant Valley Sunday

My favourite thing to do on the weekend after No Cook Friday is to park myself on my veranda with a good cup of coffee and just breath for a while. Listen to the birds, the bugs and the muted human noises. It regenerates me


Throw in my favourite coffee mug and I am pretty much a happy content lady. I indulged in this little pass time yesterday after I got home from gassing up the car and getting me some new potatoes from a local farmer. I picked up breakfast and then it was the veranda for me. Breakfast al fresco, just the best.

Yesterday was a day to get a jump on some of those little jobs that I have managed to ignore for longer than I care to admit. 

Ok sit back and prepare to be dazed by my industry::  (please note this is laden with heavy sarcasm, I truly am my own worst enemy)

I made a giant mushroom!! The silicone is set today so at some point it will make its way into the hosta bed. I had had the bits for awhile but took forever to get it siliconed.


I, at long last dragged the tiles from the dining room and got them tucked away in the back porch. Only took me three years to get the tiles from the veranda to the dining room into a rubbermaid container. Then it took a few more weeks to get them into the porch.........Triumph.

Speaking of the porch the cat carrier that KitKat had borrowed it back in it place and not in the dining room. Dining room/dumping ground..........whatever label you want to give that space.

I got my new dining room clock hung up and I did it all by my little self.


While this may seem like a two minute no brainer for anyone else its a great feat for me. To get myself up on a step stool and down again is major. The pain in my legs makes this sort of things problematic. Not to mention my fear of falling and getting very injured BUT its up and it looks gorgeous and I love it to bits.

I have put away plastic containers that were washed last week, I hauled some garbage and an extra container off the veranda. Later to day I will wash said container and use it to store my winter clothes. I have laundry on the go and I will wash up the breakfast mess after I am finished here. I quilted and binge watched the Blacklist. This activity will be repeated to day.  I have sorted out the recycling because suddenly they are no longer taking #1 plastics for recycle. I also have to bag up the garbage to take it out. All the clam shell containers that now have to be dumped in the landfill. Drat.

I know its all small things. I tend to leave these little jobs so to get on top of them is something I am so happy about. I want to have a neat and tidy house, jobs done and all this mess dealt with. The house is pretty good right now, because I have been working on it, but my craft room is a sin and a shame. Its next on the hit list, still on the hit list, been done so many times you would think I'd learn to keep it clean list. Whatever

I am up to date on my 52 blocks in 52 weeks quilt. Its looking rather nice now. We are half done the block and I am really enjoying this. Can't wait to see the finished deal,. I cannot find the picture I took of it but I will add it later once I locate it. Chances are I did not move it from my phone to the computer.

I have some mending to do for other folk and I home to get on that today. Its hot hot hot outside and I am struggling with the idea of turning on the air conditioner. Its a million year old machine and it scares the life out of me to turn it on each year. This year it gets replaced. I cannot deal with it anymore, not to mention it must suck up enough energy to run a small country each it it runs.

Hey did you notice, This is the second post in a week!! things are looking up.

Toodles
Linda





No comments:

Post a Comment