Tuesday 30 July 2019

I'm a Pensioner!!

Ok the upside to being 60 is you get  a pension. Got my first deposit the other day and I have to admit it takes the sting out of getting old. Well a little bit anyway. I am still not on good terms with that little reality but I am getting there. Its a fact, I can't change it so I may as well figure out how to make peace with it. Money helps. (Yes, Yes I can be bought.)

Again  a long stretch between posts and I have to be honest its mostly because I do not have a lot to tell. I mean there is only so many times I can go on and on about cleaning the kitchen. Fascinating subject as that is.

So in desperation shall we do some bullet points on what has been going on around here.
  • The giant mushroom has finally made its way to its new home in the flower bed. It looks cute nestled in all the weeds

  •  I finished the quilt for Busy and the Carpenter. I have not taken a picture yet but I will, once I have sent it to them first. They really should see it first. Here is my other quilt project in the mean time

  • I finally got the window box figured out. I needed something to put the flowers in that would not fall over. I thought of terracotta pots, metal buckets and then I settled on cookie tins from the second hand store. Cheap and cheerful!! Just need some oasis to stick the flowers in and we are good to go.

  • I was sitting in the living room minding my own business on Saturday night and the ring holding the lovely lantern I bought let loose and the entire thing smashed and I mean smashed to the floor. Scared the crap out of me . The candles still work so I will keep them. The rest is garbage, sadly. Now I have to find something new to hang in that corner.

  • The No Cook Friday gals had our once a year, celebrate for everyone birthday party. Game of Thrones theme. We had a blast!! Sweet Baboo's daughter made the cake and she did an awesome job. The Iron Throne never looked so good. We played games, ate, laughed and generally behaved like we were 12.

  • Then on Sunday some of us, The Banker, Teddy Bear, Kit Kat and I binge watched the last season of Game of Thrones. We do a pot luck sort of meal and snacks when we binge watch a series. It was a great day.

That is pretty much all I can think of. I have some projects on the horizon but I will keep that to myself until they are finished and I can show pictures. I have Quilt blocks to make because I am once again two weeks behind. 

The next thing I hope to do is finally get the material to recover my new to me kitchen chairs. I have the money now so I just need to get my butt to the store and get it. If they still have the stuff I picked out when Busy and I were there. I have my fingers crossed.

See this empty spot on my veranda??



My kitchen table was parked there but it has found a new home. The Banker's granddaughter and her family were happy to take it and make use of it and I am happy to have it gone. I have my fingers crossed that she will decide she wants the chairs too

Oh yes I had a little triumph the other day. You know how once in a while you will buy something and think if I just loose a few pounds that will fit. Well guess what I wore to work last week?


I bought this shirt YEARS ago and finally I am able to wear it. Its been a long time coming but at long last I actually wore it. Doing a little happy dance!!

That's it that's all. I got nothing else. 

Toodles
Linda


No comments:

Post a Comment