Tuesday 27 February 2018

Keepin' on Keepin on

Ok so I am slow at getting at my weekly blog post because I broke my computer. I was out of commission for a couple of days. Some days I am so much my father's daughter and this weekend I channeled his capacity to be rammy and not do things the way one should.  I was working in the craft room and I did something to the computer. The picture went black and the sound went off. So instead of unplugging the mouse cord from the front of the tower to check the connections at the back I laid it on its face with the mouse still plugged into the front. Long story short I was pushing on the plugs on the back and the something went snap. I bent the plug and the USB port. When I pulled the mouse cord out the USB port came with it. Crap, crap, crapity crap. Just when you think there cannot possibly be anything else  going wrong or needs to be fixed the powers that be say "hold my beer". I tried the other USB ports and nothing. So no mouse no computer. Results in a temper tantrum.

The Banker's daughter heard of my plight because I like to share my misery on facebook. She asked her son to come look at my computer for me. Well I think the universe knows I am close to snapping,  Grandson was able to get me up and running again. The first USB port is kaput but he got the thing to work in another one and I am on the interwebs once again. I am so happy and it did not cost me a dime which makes me even happier. Its nice to know people that know stuff.

This weekend was a continuation of the craft room purge. Remember this?


Well now it looks like this


The best thing is that I know what is in each of these boxes. I have made an inventory, the boxes have been numbered and the contents have been recorded in  this


Cute little book that matches the colours of the craft room. The S initial stands for stuff. Everything is written down in there and so when I want to find something, I will be able to look in the book and find it without ripping the room apart. This is a project I have wanted to do for a long time.

The walking area in the room is growing. Its fabulous but I still have a long way to go.

I will have to admit I had a snit when I broke the computer. Snit/tantrum .... potato/pohtatoo. I had to leave the craft room because I was tempted to smash the computer tower to bits, cause its all its fault not mine of course. So I sat in the living room and instead of just pouting I sorted my scrapbooking embellishments.


I am going to alphabetize them and write out some nice Martha Stewart labels. I found this accordion file when I was purging the room. I thought I had gotten rid but it showed up and now I have put it back to good use.

I made good use of my gift card from Michael's and a super good coupon and got myself some punches.  I wanted heart punches for some time. I also got  some extenders for the album posts. I have needed them for some time.  So happy with a good deal.


I paid less than half of what I would have paid full price. $45.00 worth of stuff for $19.50 sweet!!

So the craft room purge continues. I have finished my 2017 album with this last cute page.


The embellishments are sorting into categories and next I will do the printed papers. I have been knitting as well. I am trying to use up the last of the dishcloth yarn. I have a basket full of dishcloths and I don't need to make any more. I am not doing the craft sale so I don't need a stock pile of them but they are so darn easy and fun to make.


I have enough garbage to fill my dumpster three times, I have three boxes of donation stuff and I still have more to go. It feels so darn good to be getting this done. I just keep plugging along and bit by bit I can see that I am gaining ground. 

Toodels
Linda



No comments:

Post a Comment