Sunday 4 February 2018

Ding Dong the Quilt is Done


Just needs a brushing and a washing and it will be ready to go to my friend's daughter's social and hopefully it will raise them some money. I am so tickled its done. I was late getting it started and I had visions of working on it til all hours the night before it was needed. However I surprised myself and got it done two weeks ahead of schedule. I am doing a bit of a happy dance. I had an audience as I got stuck in and spent the best part of the weekend with my needle. Apparently quilting as a spectator sport is super relaxing.


Next quilt on the docket is the one for my room. I am tired of not having the room finished so onto that quilt, even if I have no idea what I am doing past the center section. I will pray for inspiration as I go along. Once its done I may paint some of the furniture in my room but I have to give that some thought yet as to whether I will do it. Some thought also needs to be taken if I do just as to what will I do to it. So many possibilities.


For the now I am back to knitting dishcloths. I have orders for 20 of them that I acquired before Christmas. To date I have managed 6 of them and the blue one on the needles is number 7. Two hours to get one done so I can do two in a night if I wish. I don't usually do that, it gives my hands too much of a work out.  Oh yes and I made a couple of dinosaur puppets since Christmas as well. I even managed a new pattern for a different dinosaur. I thinks she is super cute but I wish now I had made her pink




Needless to say not much has happened here this weekend but quilting. I picked up my grocery order, went and put gas in the car then I came home and have not been out since. My other great accomplishment besides the quilt is the fact that I did roast a turkey today


I bought it for Thanksgiving and it never got put in the oven so I did it today. Its a little thing and its missing a leg but it cooked up nicely. At least now I have sandwich meat for a bit. It made a nice supper for me tonight too but I admit I am really looking forward to turkey buns next week.

Toodles
Linda






No comments:

Post a Comment