Sunday 17 July 2016

Some Annoying Stuff, a Sad Event and a New Project

This weekend I just could not seem to make myself work at the million things that need to be done around this place. I did promise myself that if nothing else the kitchen was getting cleaned and the bathrooms were going to be done. Both projects got accomplished. I don't know what is wrong with me these days but there is definitely something. I am so fed up with having my kitchen looking like a dump, yet I had to force myself to actually get it back in order. Its there now and I hope to at least make an effort to keep it that way.

Last night, Teddy Bear, KitKat, the Sailor and I went to Tarzan. Teddy Bear and I managed supper at A&W before hand. It was a nice outing after a rather interesting week. Monday I came home to find my city supplied compost bin had been liberated from my yard. I found it three or so houses down the alley the next morning when I drove to work. They are all numbered and I have a record of my number.. So there it was, all stuffed full of yard waste at another house. Some people thought I should have dumped it but I waited until garbage pick up day. I had hoped they would return it. NOPE, I stomped up the alley and took it back. I don't understand this. A phone call to the city would get you a free one or maybe you could ask before you just decide to take. I am amazed at the sense of entitlement so many people have these days.

The next thing that happened, I found out my credit card got hacked. Yeesh. The Visa company was super nice about it and had actually flagged my account before I had phoned them. The hack happened on a Friday and I discovered it on the following Monday . The charges have been removed and my card has been cancelled and the world moves on. Thank Heavens it my low limit card.

Busy's niece passed away this week. Its so sad but she was not living a life that you would wish on anyone. She has been in a semi vegetative state and its just been such a sad thing. She is not suffering anymore but now her family will now have to find a new normal for themselves. Death is never easy no matter what the circumstances. That little family has had a lot of loss to deal with lately.

I was listless today. Really crappy sleep last night. I was awake every hour or two, hot flash after hot flash, no real rest. I was ticked to no end this morning when there was no bacon. I really enjoy my Sunday mornings, and part of that is a full breakfast. Thank heavens for coffee is all I can say.

I actually worked on the laundry that I started last week. Laundry is not a hard task, its not like I have to use a wash board but I have managed to leave it sitting about for a week. I also managed something else, I started a new project.I worked on the  Rrunners for KitKat's new bedroom. It was nice to spend the afternoon sewing.


She has painted her bedroom terracotta and cream. There are hits of blue in the decor. The runners she has on her dresser and chest of drawers are old and mostly green. I volunteered to make her some new ones. She is very fond of anything Celtic, so we found a Celtic knot pattern and I have at last started working.


One runner with have three of these knots and the other will have just two, one on each end. I managed to get the top made for the longer one today.


I am really hoping she likes them. I have a Celtic knot stencil to use when I am quilting it. I need to get some cotton batting to use to give it some body. I have lots of spare material to use as the backing. I will bind it with blue I think, there is lots of terracotta in that room so I think blue will be a better bet.

I need to get going at the second church quilt. I want it done so that I can get it delivered before next March. If I don't snap out of this slump soon I don't know what will happen. You would think it should be easy but I don't seem to be in control. Its most annoying.

Toodles
Linda


No comments:

Post a Comment