Sunday 3 July 2016

Quiet Long Weekend

Its the Canada Day long weekend and it has been a quiet one around here. I indulged last weekend and bought this. It looks so pretty out on the veranda.


On Canada Day I started the day with breakfast on the veranda, on of my favourite things to do, Once that was done, I actually got at some yard work, precious little but some none the less. I hauled the four bags of dirt out of the car and filled in the hole I dug where the dead bush lived. I, then, planted a wegelia bush which should have pale pink flowers in, This is my third attempt at growing a bush in this spot so I am hoping this one lives. The spot gets more sun now I have had the big tree trimmed up.


I have high hoped for this little guy. Then, since I was out and about with the shovel and such,  I planted the potentilla in the back flower bed.


 The stupid ground cover is busy growing back where I dug it out but i will keep at it. Two miniature lilacs will join this at some point but for now its just this baby bush.  The rest of the day was devoted to binge watching Game of Thrones Season 6 with The Banker, KitKat, Teddy Bear and Sweet Baboo.

Saturday was quiet. I got groceries and finished the church quilt. It too took the best part of the day but I got it done inspite of my helpers

.
I also managed another breakfast on the veranda. It rained in the afternoon, so no more yard work. Laundry was the only other thing accomplished this day.

Today has been another lazy day. Its raining and dull and I just don't feel like doing much. I am doing dishes, getting some stuff done on the computer. I should go pick up my prescriptions but I have not made it out of the house yet. I do see a nap in my future.

I may just go find my book and curl up on the couch. Its that sort of a day.

Toodles
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment