Sunday 28 September 2014

Finally Getting Stuff Done

Oh yes its all happening around here. Well not really but at least things are getting accomplished. I have started to take magnesium, which seems to be helping with some of my leg pain. I will always have pain in my knee. I have osteoarthritis in my knee and that means pain but this new stuff is helping with all the muscle pain. At least I think it is and that is half the battle. So less leg pain means I feel more like doing things instead of parking my butt in my chair and moving as little as possible.

SO what have we done this weekend? I got some trim to add to the shelf I bought for the kitchen. I still cannot share pictures but soon the camera debacle will be fixed. I will share the before and afters when the time comes.  Shelf for the kitchen you say. Yes it was my solution to a problem. I wanted to get a light when I bought the new stove. They do not make stoves with a light any more. Bastards. I want a light in the kitchen and the stove light would have been perfect in the dark evenings. I have a tiny shelf over the kitchen stove that has tins of tea in it. My bright idea is to get a bigger shelf made that I can add a florescent stick to the bottom and my light needs are met. Changed my mind from having it made to buying something. Thank you charity shop!! I found one the right size. I need to paint it, add the trim to hide the most of the light, add the light and then hang it up. I got the trim with my 40% off Michael's coupon and the light I will get next pay day. Slap on some paint and I will have a lovely night light for my very dark kitchen.  

I trekked around Walmart and stocked up on  a few things. Now Minou is not here I hardly go to Walmart anymore as I no longer need cat food and litter on a regular basis. Walmart is not my first shopping choice. I had to go and in addition to the things on my list, I found some nice pink material for an upcoming quilt which was a nice bonus. I walked from one end of the store to the other getting what I needed. Why are things never all in one spot?? Oh well the walking was good for me.

Home again and after breakfast I worked on deleting more of the recovered pictures. I have gotten rid of over 6.000. duplicates, yes that is right 6 THOUSAND duplicate pictures and excess pictures that were not mine. I have more to go. Do I need to say I am nearly cross eyed and my arm hurts from repetitive clicking? Its not a fast job and I can see that I have not got ALL my pictures but they recovered the majority of them. Its a hard lesson learned but I will know better in future. I am deleting and sorting and setting up a much more efficient picture storage system for the future. I am hoping to be done soon. 

I cleaned the kitchen, I have managed to keep it reasonable for the last two weeks which is major for me. I am 99% finished the journaling in the Ireland scrapbooks. If I could find the cd to reinstall my printer I could have it all done. The cd had gone to join the other list things in this house and I hate to say it but I have a sinking feeling I pitched it out. Good new is that I FINALLY found the stupid camera charger. I now own three chargers for the same camera. YEESH but at least its found. Another thing to add to the DAMN IT I AM GOING TO BE MORE ORGANIZED list. Find a spot top keep the program cd's. label them and add the year they were purchased. 

I have hung pictures, installed a new toilet seat (finally!!)  and have the laundry half done. I still need to empty the dishwasher and cook some chicken for sandwiches for next week. I have hauled all manner of garbage bags and recycle stuff out to the dumpsters that has been neglected for a long time. I should go pick up some reprints and go find some new shoes but I just am not interested. Its Sunday, my day to stay home. I should also be outside dealing with a million leaves in my yard but its just not going to happen. Not today anyway.

I will leave you with this though. Its a stamp I found at Michael's and its what I would like to be in a next life. 


A pampered pet that can still read!!

Toodles!!

Linda


No comments:

Post a Comment