Sunday 21 September 2014

All Systems Go!!

So after a very long wait and a chunk of change I have a new computer and its all up and running. I am sooooooooooo happy. I would have been happier if, when I hooked it up the first time, I had managed to get everything plugged in. I could have avoided the whole mini tantrum I pitched. Ah well a nap took care of that, cause when I woke up, the thought that maybe I had missed plugging in something popped into my head. Back under the computer desk and low and behold, I had missed a plug. Push, pop, snap and things started to blink and whir and connect to networks and its all systems go again baby!! I had no idea how much a part of my day this machine is. Next to get fixed is the camera.

More good news, speaking if cameras, the recovery program they ran on my computer,  seems to have found most, if not all of my pictures. I am just sifting through them because in recovering my pictures there are a lot of internet pictures picked up along that way which require sorting and deleting. Its time consuming. I will do it though, I am just glad to have back the pictures and I will be more vigilant abut saving them, storing them on sticks. I may even ask Santa for an external hard drive to protect them in future.

Now I can get my pictures, downloaded, printed, and sorted from my trip down east, the wedding and figure out a system to use to deal with their safe storage. I am also thinking I need to get some sort of office program on this computer. I use that an awful lot for scrap booking journaling and letter writing,

So I have been busy the last two weeks or more. Work has been a complete shit-show and I thought I was not going to manage it. Everyone has a breaking point and I nearly found mine but I managed. I did not have to trot off to the doctor for stress leave. Things are settling down now and I would imagine that I will survive . I let it all get to me which I should not have. Get over it, get on with it. Don't fuss about the things you cannot change.

E and I have spent two weekends gallivanting around the country, checking out antique/second hand stores and buying things. She more than I, I am happy to say. Then this week I took from Wednesday to Friday off and scrapbooked. It was heavenly. I have slept through the night, I have not heard an alarm. I feel so relaxed.

My Ireland trip books are together, they need the journaling done, which I can do now the computer is up and running, They need a few embellishments but the pictures are in them and that makes me happy. Now when The Banker, Kit Kat and I do our scrap booking weekend, I can do the Eastern Canada trip. I have started to gather the supplies for that, Album, embellishments, paper  and things gathered on the trip.

On Friday the Banker and I went out for lunch, then shopped about until it was time for No Cook. FUN FUN FUN, She has been off to BC with her man for four weeks and so its been awhile since she has been around. We checked out the new knitting/scrap booking store in town and I bought myself a set of Knitpic circular knitting needles. I have coveted them for sometime now and splurged for them. My horrid plastic circular needles are going to be donated to the local charity shop. Saturday, the Banker, Kit Kat, Teddy Bear and I went our for supper (again) and then went to see The Grand Seduction at the university movie theater. The movie was so funny and so good, everyone clapped at the end, that does not happen every often at a movie.

Today I wrestled with the computer, had a tantrum, and actually went out and did a bit of shopping. Its Sunday and I am hard to pry out of my comfortable place on a Sunday. I take that Day of Rest thing to heart. I did go to Michaels for some craft supplies and then to Fabricland for thread and material for a quilt. Busy's sister has asked me to make a quilt for her daughter for Christmas. I am itching to get started on it. All sorts of pink with black trim, it is going to be very smart looking.

Now I need to cook something for supper. I am resolute that I am not buying lunch anymore!! The food is not healthy, not even remotely healthy and its expensive. I have been too slack about this so cooking will be done today!!

Happy to be back on the computer again!! There will be pictures with the next post!

Toodles, Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment