Friday 8 March 2024

It’s Friday

 Friday does not have the same appeal as it did when I worked but I still can appreciate the anticipation of the coming weekend. I have currently been deep into my Friday morning routine. This I’d how it goes in my house of a Friday.

I usually laze about until just before home care arrives to do their thing. I get my self organized to face the day just in time for them to arrive. When I see them pull up I submit the order for my guilty weekly   pleasure, my McDonald’s breakfast. It will arrive shortly after the ladies have moved on. While I am munching on breakfast the other deliver shows up. My meals for seniors which contains three meals, salads, buns and a couple of dessert things. You know like cookies, pastries and a square of some sort. I will then indulge in a dessert with my coffee and throughly enjoy it. Once I am stuffed like a tick I will get out my knitting, tune into one of my favourite crafty pod casts “the Crafty Toads “ and I will knit while I listen to their live broadcast. That’s the routine.

Right now I am studiously ignoring the disaster zone that is my kitchen and blogging instead. I will get to it as it very much needs a seeing to.  Right now I am content to be in the living room, looking out at the sunshine glinting off the snow. Mother Nature had a nasty mood swing this past week and decided to give us a winters worth of snow all at once. Girl needs to calm down.


My little knitted blanket is coming along nicely. It’s a lot of stitches because the yarn is so fine but I’m loving working on it. 


I have also finished the little pink fuzzy blanket I was making. I think I will add it to my donate pile, the woman’s shelter can always use blankets.



I went mad this last little while and bought myself a big shot. It’s. a die cutter for scrapbooking. Rather expensive but I got it anyway. I saved for it and I have wanted one for quite some time. 

I feel a solitary scrapbooking event in my future. 

I also bought myself a house hippo. Does  any one remember the house hippo commercial that used to be on tv. YouTube has it if you don’t. I just thought this little guy was too cute and was really cheap. So now she lives with me. Meet Heloise.


Well I guess I should put an end to this blog and think of other things on my list that need my attention. So many things, so little ambition.

Toodles Linda



No comments:

Post a Comment