Monday 27 February 2023

Surprise ts me!!

 Well winter has been making its presence known this last week, So super cold I opted not to poke my nose out the door. Not even No Cook could tempt me. Thankfully its starting to warm up but we have March to get through and she can be a bit testy.

I really have not  been up to much as usual. I am finally making a effort to work on my endurance and strength. Needless to say I wish there was an easy quick solution for this. Its my own fault I have lost so much mobility and therefore its my job to get it back. So I have started to work at that and while I am not doing a tremendous amount what I am doing is kicking my butt.

Something I have noticed this winter that has me less than impressed is how poorly the handicapped entrances to a fair number of businesses are very poorly maintained. So many automatic doors do not work. The ramp may or may not be cleared. The access is often blocked by a large lump of snow. We were at a restaurant that had a good seven inch high ridge of snow and ice right at the door. Not easy to navigate with a walker or wheelchair. Another place the handicapped parking spot was shoveled but just enough so a car could get in. To get out and get a wheelchair or walker to assist you would have put you in a snowbank. The cleared spot was serviceable for the delivery drivers though, Silver linings. Some places think the ramp should double as a ski jump so the steeper the angle the better. So much fun!! Rant over

I crocheted on the weekend.!! My fingers are so much better I can now get back to the crafting I love so much. This whole last year I have felt bloody useless because I can't do the things I love to do.

Well I have a to do list of 15 things and I have 8 of them done so far. I should get back at it. So far today  I've had yet another fight with my washing machine (it refuses to stay level no matter what I do). It was bouncing around like a demented frog and knocked a brand new container of oxi clean onto the floor. Oh goody yet another mess. First world problems for sure.

I am also once again trying to get the craft room sorted. Its become a dumping ground since I have not been crafting, No pictures as the people who read this blog have seen it before. 

Yes I am still sorting, organizing and purging. It seems to be my favourite thing to do!!

Toodles Linda




No comments:

Post a Comment