Tuesday 19 October 2021

Dreams

 My scrapbook weekend is coming up and I am so excited. Its a weekend I look foreward to each year. We have a good group and its lots of fun. I was very concerned that Covid would put an end to it but so far the rules are going to allow us to get together. I have been making lists and packing supplies for a while now. Today I actually started to move the supplies out to the front entry for easy loading, The worst part of this hobby is the equipment and paper is so freakin heavy. We have tote boxes and trolleys becase its not our first day at the rodeo. Thank goodness for the Banker, she helps me greatly to do the things I love to do.

The Christmas quilt is coming along. This week we have to make only one block. Last week it was two big blocks. Two stacks of presents.


I realized after I got them sewn up that the Santas in the biggest presents were upside down in several places. That has been corrected and Santa is no longer standing on his head. I am amazed that my box of Christmas fabric is still as full as it was when I started this project. You would think that I would be used to that happening by now but its always startles me.

I did some Amazon ordering lately. I have not done that for awhile but I ordered up a couple of things I wanted. I now have a five foot pencil Christmas tree  for the piggy ornaments. I will use it in the dining room. I, somehow. managed to throw out the top of my piggy tree two years ago. I don't know how or why I did it but I did. I decided I wanted a pencil tree to replace it but not one that was six or seven feet tall. Amazon was the only place I could find what I wanted in the size I want. I am very happy. I simply cannot survive one less that 6 Christmas trees. (Ok that even makes me laugh)

My other purchase was a book I started reading eight years ago. Twitch upon a Star, a biography of Elizabeth Montgomery. I was reading it on my kindle while I traveled to Ireland. I, then, read some more on my trip to the East coast.. I do not like reading on a kindle. I like an actual book. I have never finished the book and I want to finish it. I'm not even sure where my kindle is. Finally I broke down and actually ordered the book so I can get it read at long last. I just have to figure out where I left off or just simply start from the beginning. 

Not much else going on.  I have some toddler hats to make and I'm still kitting on the scrap afghan. I am slowly getting things out away upstairs. My project to find a home for things is still going on and I am still making headway. Its a slow and unsteady project. Raffle ticket sales have been good and steady. We need to get our book club up and going again, this means I need to get sending out some emails. Busy, busy, keeps me out of trouble. 

Toodles

Linda 

No comments:

Post a Comment