Wednesday 23 July 2014

The Rewards of Having Wonderful Friends

I have been wanting to have a cement/brick something or other pad under my kitchen window to place the barbecue and the rain barrel so they would not sink into the mud. Nothing grows under my kitchen window but weeds. So to this end, I had started to gather some patio stones from a friend who was getting rid of them. I was going to buy the rest but then last year The Banker stumbled over some chunks of sidewalk that were headed to the dump. She claimed them and brought them to my house for my patio. I was thrilled at her generous gesture.

Well if I was thrilled then, I am gobsmacked to day!! She had mentioned a couple of times that she would be happy to help me with the patio. I had, to date, installed three stones and got them way too low but I had done three of them. Noting how quickly I was getting on with it, she offered to help. She likes doing that sort of thing. I accepted the offer happily.

Last night The Banker, Kit Kat and I had supper at my house, we watched a movie and we discussed my vision for the pad. The Banker said, casually, that she would maybe stop by in the morning and get a start on it. Insert gobsmacking here::

I left home this morning to my yard looking like this


Well not exaclty like this, I did move all the stuff in case she did stop by.  When I got home tonight it looked like this:


Holy Patio Pad Batman!! She did the whole damn thing!! I actually teared up. That is a lot of work, in the bug infested heat. All it needs is sand in between the stones. I have no idea how I will repay this but I am going to get my thinking cap on. I love, love, love, it. Its all recycled and just what I wanted.

I have said it before and I will say it again, I have wonderful friends. Each and everyone is amazing, generous and so precious to me. My life is so much better for having them in it. I have no idea what I have done to deserve such good friends but I thank God every day that I did it. I am blessed.

Now I feel like I should get the bench painted, the flower bed weeded and get my yard looking like I want it to look. I am one happy happy bunny!!!

Toodles
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment